Friday, December 27, 2013

A Few Random Thoughts

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Merry Christmas!  Happy End of 2013! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday so far.  Mine has been most restful, thank goodness!  After Thanksgiving I had gotten a sinus cold and lost my voice for 5 days--- sidebar- do you know how fun that is when you have 3 ball games and you can't yell at the refs cheer for your team?  Most aggravating I can assure you.-- My voice has never really returned to "normal" and will still go out or get scratchy sounding.  Coach thinks it's sexy.  I told him I feel like I sound like him after the first week of practice, like I'm trying to project my voice to 60 kids in a gym with no mic. I must have been able to rest it enough in these last few days, as I feel it is back.

You may have noticed the link for Bloglovin' at the top of the page.  I finally signed up.  I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner.  Talk about a handy little tool for following all the blogs I read!  Everything in one place and it tells me which ones I've not read, etc.  What a timesaver!  Genius I say! Bravo!

A friend of ours and Jordan's Cross Country/Track coach is putting together a Zebra team to run with together in the Indy 500 Mini Marathon in May.  I said after running Sunburst in 2012 I'd never run another, that it was officially crossed off my bucket list.  Yeah, well, I'm too competitive for that.  Now I want to blow my previous time out of the water and I'll be running with 20 friends.  This could be fun and training with others will keep me accountable.  I've downloaded the training plans and I'm trying to figure out how to stretch a 12 week training plan over 5 months.  January and February are super busy with all 3 basketball schedules, so I know I'm going to have weeks where I don't necessarily stick to the plan as well as I should.  My last 2 weeks of workouts have been mostly nonexistent.  I've worked out twice this week-- so much for everyday.  Each day is an opportunity to start again, right?  The weather is supposed to be decent today and tomorrow (above freezing and in the upper 30's) so I'm excited about getting a run outside.

Today's Friday in a week that has felt like 7 days of Saturday's & Sunday's.  I need to get myself back into some kind of routine….. next week. Ha!  TGIF kids! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!