Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back in the Saddle

We were back  at it again today, albeit 2 hours late.  I had every intention of working out this morning since we had so much going on after school today. It was so nice and warm in bed this morning and my husband was snugly, so I kinda stayed in bed until 7 instead of getting up.... Because, you know, I haven't had enough of that over the last 3 weeks or anything.  All of our evening's activities ended up getting cancelled due to snowfall, so I'm home.  Supper has been prepared, lunches packed for tomorrow, dishes done, & I'm ready to get after today's round of Jillian's 30 Day Shred and some Yoga Meltdown. I'm really looking forward to unwinding for the day.  After I finish this post of course. :)

I have to admit I was kind of dreading going back today.  Once I got in the building and began welcoming kids at the door I felt excited to be there again.  I felt a tiny bit guilty for not doing anything school related since the few days before Christmas.  My lesson for today, that I thought rocked, was so far back in my mind I had to really dust off the cobwebs & try to remember which elements I thought were so great.  Everything ended up going just fine.  The kids seemed glad to be back as much as I was.  There's nothing like back to school excitement. New clothes and supplies, stories from break, happy laughter as we share stories.  It was just a reminder of how much I love teaching, sharing, and igniting passion in others.  I am truly blessed!

What's your passion?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!