Friday, January 3, 2014

Resolutions

Resolutions are something I go back and forth on.  I usually make them, but they often don't go a lot farther than that.  I set one resolution and 6 months later set another.  My thing with resolutions is that every day is a new day to start over.  The trick is to not give up and not beat myself up about not following through with something on any given day.  Sometimes life happens and plans don't always happen like I hope.  And sometimes the so called failures lead to the best adventures.  I love that I get to have another chance each day. Life is grand that way!

 This year I have a few things I really want to learn how to do and have decided they are resolution worthy. Right now I'm on vacation.  That helps a lot.  Next week normal life resumes and planning becomes critical.  So here we go!

1. Learn to take better pictures with my camera.  I love photography.  I'm not very good at it.  Sure I get lucky and get some good shots.  I have a decent camera and need to learn how to use it before I go and do something silly like buy a D-SLR.

2. To piggy-back on #1- Take more pictures of myself with my family and of my family.  I'm always the one taking pictures, mostly because I'm a bit of a control freak and want to make sure the lighting is ok, camera is zoomed on the subject, etc.  This is all kind of funny since I'm not really that great at these things myself.  I looked through pics from 2013 and there are only a few of me.  I honestly didn't take my normal copious amounts of photos this year of my family. That's not ok. They're growing up fast and I need to document these times with them.

3. Figure out this blog thing.  I have a post schedule figured out.  Now for the time to actually be able to complete the tasks needed to write the posts… Actually my last 6 month's goal was to plan- because failing to plan is planning to fail.  As long as I keep planning I should be ok. So this goal piggy-backs on my last 6 months.

4. Do one crafty project a month.  No matter how big or small.  Maybe it's one quilt block, or a photography something or other. It doesn't have to be a major furniture refinish or room redo.  Just one little thing is ok.

Do you make resolutions? How do you follow through?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!