Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Nail Art

Friday's here with sub-zero temps again which means no school today.  Our roof is creaking and cracking for some reason which is kinda freaking me out. (Read: I jump every time it makes noise like it's gonna cave in)  Our house is only 7 years old so we shouldn't have any structural issues up there.  I can't even see that there is much snow and ice up there, but the weight must be making it noisy. Last night my husband was going around to all rooms listening like we were being invaded or something.  I was kind of comical and I'm sure he'll appreciate me telling everyone that story.  Love ya sweetie! :)

Anywho, I was already in the process of getting ready for work when my call came through so I just went ahead with my morning routine.  My boys left for school so I decided my nails were in need of a new mani and I just happened to get some nail art strips in my last Sephora order for just $5.  There may have been a reason for the great price, let me tell ya...


It's a good thing they were only $5 because I would have been very upset if I had spent more on them.  Anyone who says they are easier than regular polish is lying.  It takes me less time to paint 2 coats than to put these suckers on.  They rip easily.  They aren't easy to fix if they rip- you know, like when you need to fix a chip with regular polish and can just slap an extra little bit of color on the spot and hit it with top coat.  Extra strips were included for different sizing, rips, and so forth.  It's supposed to come off with regular nail polish remover.  I don't think that will be an issue.  I'm having trouble with it staying on in a few places and all I've done today is go to lunch.  Yeah.  Rough day, I know.

And there is this giant silver strip.  I'm not quite sure why, but I suppose you could do silver tips or something.  I'm sure someone out there is creative with nail art and knows what to do with it.  It's not mentioned in the directions at all.  Whatev. I have 6 leftover strips.  Creativity will have to be put into play to use those.  I won't be letting them go to waste! Five bucks is five bucks!

6 leftovers… Gonna have to get creative
Don't mind the gouge in my hand. Totally uninteresting story.
So there you have it.  If you need $5 more to get free shipping (cough-this may have been me-cough) these are an ok buy.  I wouldn't have bought them at regular price but they are super cute.  Mee-Yow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!