Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Recovery Techniques


Four days out.... I can't believe I am just 4 days away from my half!  To be totally honest I never thought I would be able to stick with the training, or enjoy it as much as I have.  I'm pretty excited to see how things go this weekend.  I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous.  But after last night's run in crazy windy 52 degree temps, confidence is starting to tell fear to take a hike. 

It didn't suck

My knee did bother me slightly this morning again.  If I could have squeezed in a trip to the chiropractor I would have done it today.  Needless to say, my day didn't go as planned, like at all, so my needs were put on the back burner.  Tomorrow and Thursday aren't looking good either unless I take part of a day off.  We are giving state standardized tests this week, however, so I will probably have to wait until Monday to get adjusted.  I think I will just run 3-4 miles tomorrow or Thursday night and no some Yoga on Friday.  

Tonight I managed to get in a great circuit training workout with resistance bands and my legs feel trashed.  I love a tough workout after a rough day.  It's like physical therapy.  Wall squats, plyo squats and lunges, chest flies & presses, single leg lunges, bi's & tri's,  all packed into a compact, kick ass 35 minutes.  Yes, yes and yes!  Follow that up with a protein shake and a lavender epson salt soak.  Pure heaven!  

Drugstore.com $5.99

I super puffy heart love the lavender epson salt.  I used to actually add lavender essential oil to the bath but it leaves a not so lovely ring around the tub.  This remedies that problem completely.  I just sit back and breathe in the relaxing scent of lavender and soak away the pain.  Pure happiness.   

How do you recover from tough workouts?  Any suggestions for my 2 hour drive home post race Saturday?  

**This post is in no way sponsored or endorsed by any products shown.  All opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!