Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thrifty Thursday


March was a craft fail.  I can't believe I made it through the entire month, including a week off for spring break, with nothing crafty to feature.  Looks like I have some catching up to do!  It's not that I didn't try.  I did get to my favorite little antique place and look around, I just didn't see anything I had to have.  You know that feeling; when you see that piece and you just know it needs to be yours.  I'm hitting up the thrift stores after school Friday to have a look see.  American Pickers always energizes me to seek for new treasures and the boys so generously indulged my junk lust last night.  Nicole Curtis is amazing too and brings out the desire to restore old homes.  I've always wanted to do that.  Too bad power tools larger than a drill scare me. And electricity.  I don't mess with the juice other than to shut it off and maybe hook up a new light switch on occasion.  Modern electricity is a beautiful thing.

I'm in search of a stand for my front porch.  I have some very nice aqua paint I'd like to use.  I'd like to find a wooden stand as opposed to a metal one.  I'm not opposed to building my own.  Building is not familiar to me.  I'd rather repurpose.  This is one of those things I need to break outside of my box and just do.  We have piles and piles of scraps around here that could use a good home.  It's time to face my fears, get out the power tools and get to building new things. Of course then I'll have to find a shade-loving plant to place on said stand, but I've got time for that.  The frost date is a little ways out yet.  All the good ones come out for Mother's Day so I've got a month.  Plus I'm good at the plant thing. More of a lucky green thumb than a talented one.  A little water, some fertilizer, some sun and you have a beautiful plant.

Here's to finding my next project!  Do you DIY? What kinds of power tools are you comfortable with? 

Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!