Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Recap & Phone Dump


We had such a beautiful weekend, I'm sorry to see it gone. I'm always sorry to see a weekend gone, who am I kidding?! I spent a good deal of my weekend inside working on work things. Womp-womp. I did, however, manage to get a nice 7.5 mile run in on Saturday.  It was supposed to be 8 miles and I probably should have knocked off at 6 but I wanted at least 7.  Plus sunshine on my skin makes me so happy! 

Saturday was the first long run I've done in 2 weeks and I ran maybe 6 miles total before Saturday. I've been icing, massaging, biofreezing, doing HIIT workouts and eating clean in the meantime. My time took a bit of a hit, but overall I'm pleased with how it went and that I didn't really feel any pain in my shin until around mile 5.  I won't lie and say I'm not apprehensive about running 13.1 just over 3 weeks. I'm terrified I haven't healed enough and will have to walk or will have to dnf. I'll be devastated if that happens. So I'm going to keep my weekday milage at 7-8 miles for the week and my long run on Saturdays. This week is 9 miles and I'm going to have to find a new route. Quite honestly I'm kinda tired of my roads. I may hit the lake this weekend and try different terrain. 

I swear things are starting to green up. You can't beat a blue sky spring day!

Saturday night we went out with friends to celebrate birthdays of two of our friends. We had a great time laughing and carrying on as if we were closer to 25 instead of 40. That's the best feeling ever- laughing to tears, carrying on to the point that the people staring at you start crashing your party so they can have as much fun.  They ended up having fun too and we made some new friends. 

Rex missed the memo about orange. He went with red. Oh well. He sat in the other room at the 'boys table' and left us girls to laugh and have fun. The boys table is kind if a thing with this group of friends. We all taught together for several years and that was protocol in the teacher's lounge at lunch and it stuck in outside of school gatherings too, including the conversation. That's all that needs to be said about that. The girls had nothing to do with any of it.  It was all the boys' idea. Always the boys. 

Selfie Saturday? I dont't care, even if I'm too damn old for selfies. 

At least the white jacket keeps it in check. Kind of.

I got to break out a pair of my favorite shoes and show off my pale legs and awedome pedi my BFF Elaine & I indulged in over break. 


Sunday concluded with more work, a manicure, and a frosty beverage with some pizza. The regret and nausea was totally worth it. It's the first crappy crap crap meal I've had in several weeks. I didn't overdo it, just had enough. Everything in moderation.  I'm really starting to have success and I'm not about to sabatoge things now. I wish I didn't love beer so much. Sigh. 

On to sad news, tomorrow will be the saddest day of the year in my house. Why you ask? Because college basketball will be officially over until next fall. NBA isn't really like even watching basketball so we don't count that as real basketball. Honestly after UCLA and Dayton got beat I stopped caring so much. I definitely stopped caring once Wisconsin got beat Saturday night.  My aversion to all things University of Kentucky (one CAN NOT be an IU and UK fan simultaneously) and absolute Disdain for - like hate more than Duke hate-UConn have led me into a state of apathy toward the NCAA tournament finsls. No BIG 10 = no likey the tournament. I want UConn to get stomped. I just can't bring myself to cheer for UK. I think I'll read a book. #notreally #canthelpit

What did you do to enjoy the beautiful weekend? Do you follow college basketball?  What have you thought of this year's tumultuous tournament? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!