Thursday, May 1, 2014

Germophobic Much?

Spring is one of my favorite seasons. I love the emerging grass, leaves and flowers. The addition of color to the drab post-winter landscape makes my heart happy. I could do without the bipolar weather patterns of Northern Indiana, but what are you gonna do. Tuesday was 75 and today it's 45 & rainy. The weatherman seems to believe allergies are going to be brutal this spring. Lovely. Not looking forward to that, tho usually it's fall that gets me. Spring isn't too bad for me. Really, I'm just happy I don't have to sit at a track meet in this weather. 

We are wrapping up our yearly state mandated torture, er I mean, standardized testing this week. This week is so stressful and just down right exhausting. I don't even have to take the test and I'm exhausted. Make sure everything is locked up. Do kids have the correct accommodations buttons showing up on their computers? My calculator doesn't work. Did you bring snacks Mrs. Reinholt? Then the rest of the day with 30 minute class periods which is just enough time to start something and have to stop for the next class. Ugh. Shoot me please! Then today it's as if the germ fairy visited EVERY.SINGLE.KID.IN.MY.ROOM! To til it off they all have some kind of aversion to using tissues so all I hear is snort. Sniff. Cough. Sniff. Sniff. Snort. Hack. Sneeze. Sniff. 



By 9:00 I was rubbing hand sanitizer onto every exposed surface of my body to kill the germs. After the first test I made them all get up, blow their noses, and wash their hands while I wiped down desks and door knobs with Clorox wipes and sprayed Lysol like champagne in the winners circle of a Nascar race. 



I wish it had ended with that group but it continued ALL.DAY.LONG. Only to continue when I got to my after school tutoring session. Shoot me now before I succumb to the sickness. 

Please excuse me while I go bathe in Clorox. 

Maybe I should get these for tomorrow instead of snacks? 😷

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!