Friday, June 27, 2014

All In Due Time

I'm a firm believer that God gives us what we need right when we need it most. I remember being so impatient when I was younger; being so frustrated and hurt when something didn't turn out the way I wanted or expected. 


That's not to say I don't feel hurt or pained when things don't turn out. I've always felt things deeply. Over time the heart hardens, we turn jaded by rejection and reality. But I've also come to realize things happen in His time, not mine. Jobs don't work out.  Projects don't come together. It's not for lack of effort or hard work. Things just don't always go as expected. The most important thing is to reflect, make adjustments, and move forward. Easier said than done, I know! I'm a recovering perfectionist. :) Trust doesn't come easy, but I'm learning. 

I'm learning to be content with the many gifts I have. There are so many to be thankful for each day! Focusing on that brings calm and joy to my life.  From there I can look at my goals and set the path onward. The calm foundation allows me to push forward in ways I never thought possible. The confidence gained from simple reflection and praise everyday is incredibly powerful! Thank you for reading my random thoughts as I post them. You are appreciated! 

What inspires you and your goal setting process? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!