Thursday, July 31, 2014

Slow Down!

What a whirlwind summer it has been! Tomorrow the colander page flips to August cloaing another summer break in chaos and longing for more time. Rex and I left a week ago to help run a basketball tournament & elite skills camp, next a golf outing for Never Lose Hoop Foundation, and then to Chicago to watch out son play ball one last time for the summer.  Oh and did I mention I accepted a new job Friday? Yeah, that starts Monday. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I've had NO time to work on school stuff like I thought I would. That may be a good thing. I'm better when I'm busy. Less time to compile worries and make myself sick. 

As I sit here in the truck reflecting on the last week's events, I cannot help but feel overwhelmed and humbled. The position I accepted is not a job I even applied for or ever saw myself doing. It scares me to death. Everyone else seems to think I'm going to be amazing in the position- except me. I've spend a good deal of our driving time praying for strength and calm. 

The last 2 days I've watched Rex coach and interact with 26 of the nation's top HS girls basketball players. It doesn't matter the talent, girls or boys, he challenges the kids to reach for the stars. He's in his element. It's a natural thing for him. I'm praying this job is my fit. I'm trusting everyone else in this one and ignoring the little red devil of self doubt chirping in my ear.

Until then I've got a checkbook to balance, a pile of receipts to go through, a silent auction to get ready for, and hopefully I'll find an hour for a long overdue pedicure. Who has time to worry? Obviously not me! 

There is still time to register for the golf outing. Visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/never-lose-hoop-golf-outing-tickets-11978322485?ref=estw to register for Satuday's fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!