Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Work, Frustration, & Prioritizing

I had the best blog post rolling around in my brain as I was working out this afternoon.   I'm realizing it sounds whiney as reread what I have written.  In light of the horrible tragedy we remember tomorrow I am reminded how blessed I am.  What do I have to complain about? Having a job? Clothes to wear? Enough food to eat? A safe house to live in?  Maybe it's not such a big deal I couldn't hold my yoga poses like I expect I should be able to do after nearly 3 months of PiYo.  Maybe today sucked and the kids were jerks.  I didn't get a prep time, like usual, but I did get 30 minutes of lunch today, which doesn't always happen.  I did get to complete 70 minutes of workout.  I had the opportunity to use behaviors as teachable moments several times today. A meeting after school resulted in some solutions to some other issues I've been having with some kids and curriculum. 

That doesn't mean this year isn't taking a toll on me.  Not having any prep is very taxing.  I'm at school until 4 most days just to keep up with my documentation.  That doesn't usually include any time to prep for the next day.  That gets done in the morning before school and on Friday nights for the week ahead.  I come home exhausted every single day.  I'm struggling to find the balance.  Most of this is because it's my first year in this position.  My workouts are crucial to my daily survival.  I crave that hour to myself each day.  It's truly the only time I have to myself during the day other than the few times I manage to make it to the restroom.  There are just some things I'm not willing to give up.  Coffee, lunch, my kiddo's sporting events and my workouts are non-negotiable.  I'm getting whiney again... ugh...  It will all get better.  I know it will.  Just have to keep going. 

How do you stay balanced?  How do you get things done and not end up wearing yourself out? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!