Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween = Winter?


Holy cats, batman! Who invited winter? 40 mph wind, snow flurries mixed with rain make for a pretty miserable Fright Night. Or maybe it's just perfect? Whatever. I don't like it. Moving on.

For the last week I've been feeling like I'm coming down with a cold. I immediately started in on the Zycam, green tea, and netti pot. I start to feel better, then a day or two later the scratchy throat and itchy ears are back. What gives? It's not miserable or anything, it's just annoying. The weather isn't helping. Hopefully it will be nicer outside and I can get a run outside tomorrow. It's almost 10pm and I have yet to get my workout in. P90X3 Yoga is on the books for tonight. I should do doubles, but think I'll save them for the weekend. Yoga is where it's at tonight. Maybe it will take away the tickle in my throat. Well, that and a glass of wine. It is Friday after all. And Halloween. 

What's your favorite Halloween indulgence? I'm more of an Easter candy person. Starburst Jelly Beans are my candy of choice. At Halloween I tend to enjoy a good Milk Dud or a Payday. Oh the Payday bar. Not a hugely popular one in the Halloween bucket but I love them. Those are the candy bars I'm snagging out of my kids' buckets. Except the don't trick or treat anymore. No one even buys them candy anymore. Just as well. I'd just eat it. 

My dad would buy Payday's and Twizzlers after Halloween and stick them in each tractor, grain truck, and the combine for us to snack on during harvest. Except by the time we actually ate them it was the next year's harvest and they were a tad stale. The positive about stale candy is you have to chew on it for a while to soften it up, therefore it lasts half of the afternoon instead of 5 seconds. Patience was key, otherwise someone is bound to lose part of a tooth. That's not a joke... It wasn't me, but someone did crack a tooth on a stale Twizzler one fall. Ahhhh, good times, good times. :)

What candy are you snagging from your kiddos tonight? Any good childhood memories of Trick-or-Treating when you were a kid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!