Monday, October 13, 2014

Plateaus, Ruts, & Wake Up Calls



I'm going on month 5 of this Beachbody Coach thing. I still love it as much now as I did when I started this spring. Try as I may to keep up with everything when school started again in August, I definitely fell off the wagon so to speak.  I'm feeling a renewed spirit lately.  My workouts have been steady but I've fell into a huge rut.  The weight and inches aren't falling away like I feel they should be at this stage of the fitness game. Last week I threw out my latest challenge.  It's a No excuses, free accountability group. I sat down with my team podcasts and buckled down. I researched my nutrition plan.  Spreadsheets were compiled. Workout calendars written into the schedule. When you take the time to schedule your workouts you're more likely to followthrough with them. Makes sense, right? 

I love that every day is a new day to start again. In fact, each meal, each hour, each minute of the day is a perfect time to start over. Today is day 1. Again.  Haven't I been here before? So much of life is attitude.  Yes, I spent a good portion of last week moping and feeling sorry for myself. Poor me. I'm not good enough.  Well suck it up, sister. (It did feel good to write about it and do the whole ugly cry run- not gonna lie). When I mapped out my food for the day in a color coded spreadsheet something clicked.  Turns out I've totally been ignoring the food department. I'm such a visual person. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner. Other than it took me a few hours to get it all compiled. There's that part. When I think of all of the time I spend preparing healthy meals for my family this seems pretty small in comparison. This little spreadsheet will last as long as I need it to last.  I can tweak it as needed. Well, hello world! I've been spending all this time working on meals while ignoring the portion control. Turns out even healthy eating will keep you from hitting your goals. Yes, yes, and yes. #facepalm

My other issue: not hydrating well enough.  I'm on my feet all.day.long. I don't carry a water bottle around with me all day. It sits on my desk and looks pretty. I should carry it with me. In all honesty, all I need to do is walk over to my desk and take a drink. Not difficult. Honestly, I like water.  I don't mind drinking it. I just don't. And boy do I feel horrible when I neglect my hydration! When I have my water for the day I feel happier, perform better, and just feel better in general.  Seems too simple but it's true. Again, duh.

So here we go. It's time to start again. What do you struggle with most?  How can I help you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!