Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Willpower Schmillpower

Hi all. Happy Wednesday! As I grumbled and whined my way through yesterday I finally decided to say Eff it. I'm done being pissy and whiney about having to take these classes.  Yes, it's a pain. Yes, it's expensive (both time and financial). No, I don't want to do it. But I have to. Here's the crazy thing.  I LOVE to learn. I spend weekends and free time reading and researching things. It's what I do. So why am I so bothered by taking this class? Probably because it wasn't my idea. Well suck it up buttercup. No one cares that I'm pissed about this.  Done. Moving on.

Source


One of the things I don't mind about going to class is having time to listen to my podcasts again. There is 120 minutes of time to fill with lovely sounds or instruction. I found a good one a few weeks ago that talked about going gluten free vs just eating good, clean foods. This is important because I really feel the gluten free thing is getting out of hand. Food companies have gone with this like a grass fire. There are all kinds of processed foods labeled "Gluten Free" these days. It doesn't mean they are good for you at all. They are still processed. They are still full of sugar and unpronouncable ingredients. 

Here's the thing. If you want to be really healthy eat good food. Eat things that grow from in ground or had a mother. It's that simple. Anything that has come from the earth is good for you. No one ever got fat from eating too many beets or peaches. My challenge for myself and all of you who read and follow me is this: eat as much REAL food as possible. Give up the processed stuff for a week. Tell me how you feel at the end of the week. I promise it will make a difference.

Addition: I completely spaced the podcast name and the person who talked about the "read foods". The podcast was Chalene Johnson's The Chalene Show from October 9 featuring Natalie Jill. You can read more of Natalie Jill's thoughts on gluten free living at NatalieJillFitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!