Friday, November 14, 2014

10 Day Sugar Detox Results

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~Confucius

Ten days can feel like an eternity, yet at the same time flies by like nothing. The first few days of the sugar detox group I hosted were tough. I really didn't think I ate that much sugar until I really started looking at what I eat. Sugar in my hummus. Sugar in the kidney beans. Sugar in the sausage I had for breakfast Sunday morning. It's in everything! That first bit of sugar yesterday was terrible. I couldn't eat it. I spit out the bite of apple dump cake we made in class- not because it was poorly made but because it was too sweet I thought I would throw up.

The crazy thing is I don't want sugar now. Yes, I treated myself to a craft beer last night and Evil Nachos at dinner with my cousin. I've been ever so patiently waiting that dinner (and it was spectacular). I found myself eating more slowly (I'm sure that had nothing to do with the fact we were talking a lot) and savoring the flavors in the beer, the pulled pork on the nachos, and the homemade potato chip slices. And I only ate a third of it instead of the entire plate like I normally would because I felt satisfied. What? I can't believe I actually wrote that, but it's true. It was enough. Even after the double workout and the enormous appetite I had when we got there. Go figure. Guess maybe this is working. 

Progress!! No belly hanging over the waistband!
-able to get through an entire workout without feeling worn out at the end and actually increasing weight/intensity during exercises

AIP- Abs In Progress

{Get to the results, lady.}
Ok, ok. So here ya go: 
Pounds Lost: 6
Inches lost: 2
Most noticeable differences: 
-Increased energy &annoyingly positive attitude
-not constantly hungry all day long
-thinner face (turkey neck shrinking)
-gut not bloated and swollen after I eat
-no gas
-no heartburn
-abs are starting to show

Yes, I should have cleaned my lens and mirror before taking the pictures. This is real life, ya'll. My mirrors and camera lenses aren't clean. I'm over it. Yes, I have a long way to go to have abs but I'm NOT discounting my progress so far. It's a great beginning. I want abs for my birthday in June. It's a process and I'm on my way. I'm not going to totally avoid all sugars until then. That's just not a great plan. I am going to keep eating clean and trying new foods to liven things up a bit. I'm very encouraged by these results and have no intention of stopping now and killing any momentum I've created.

Honestly the most positive results have come from watching my youngest son pay attention to the food he's eating. Bless his little heart! He came home appalled at how much sugar was in the milk at school but then thought to check the juice and decided milk was a better choice because it was more pure. The juice is partially artificial and has twice the sugar content as the milk. Proud mom moment right there!

Hang in there and have a healthy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!