Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday- Sugar Free Style

My group is in day 2 of sugar free eating. Let me tell you I thought I was eating pretty clean, sans the Nutella binges here and there. Man was I wrong! Start taking all of the store bought processed things out and holy wow there's not a lot let besides veggies, fruits, and meat. I like all of those things a lot. I eat a lot of them on a daily basis but I still ended up with a sugar-withdrawal headache yesterday afternoon. I could not figure out what had me so out of sorts and then it hit me- Sugar! My food tracking has been steady over the last few weeks so I went through my daily lists on My Fitness Pal- Salad dressing, candy corn, beer, a ham sandwich on a field trip.  My biggest one is store-bought salad dressing. I had no idea how much sugar is in that stuff.  Even the "healthy" ones. I'm on a mission to find homemade versions of my faves for next week's blog post to share with you.

This week I'm sharing breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day. I try to load up on some good complex carb and lots of protein to keep me satiated until 11 when I can grab a snack to hold me over until I eat lunch at 12:45. My boys love pancakes. They will eat this adapted high-protein version without syrup (insert shocked gasp here). They do smother them in butter, but that's not such a big deal for me since there's relatively no added fat outside the egg in the recipe. Best of all, it's quick and easy. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!