Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Aftermath of Saying No

Do you ever have those weeks where you just can't seem to keep it together? Or those days you know there's no way you're not on the Spectrum? It's one of those weeks for me. I pride myself on being pretty laid back and flexible about things. Don't get me wrong, I go to great lengths to plan and prep so my weeks go smoothly but I don't usually get too bent out of shape if things don't get completed. The week itself has gone smoothly save for the fact that I'm exhausted.  The last 10-14 days have been non-stop on-the-go with little down time. Last week I managed to get time for myself. This week hasn't gone so well. Despite the best intentions and planning, I haven't had a good workout since Monday. Tonight's not looking good at the moment. I'm determined to get it in, even if it's 10pm before I start. I need my schedule! My normalcy! My mood depends on it! 

I'm not good at No. I've written about it before. Saying No has always been a struggle. Is it an oldest child thing? I've gotten much better but I've got a long way to go. The problem is saying no to Coach. I'm not the only one with a thousand things going on. I've written and rewritten this post and I can't seem to utter anything positive so I need to just stop. I'm going to watch my oldest son play his first varsity scrimmage. And I'm going to enjoy it without crabbing at anyone. And when he asks me to do something other than stats, I'm saying NO.  Wish me luck. And maybe send me some whiskey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!