Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Favorites

Old Man Winter has decided to grace us with his presence a tad early here in the Hoosier state. A week ago I was outside running in shorts, a t-shirt and tacky hunting vest, only to turn around today and need my down coat and gloves due to the blowing snow and 20 degree temps. What a shift! 

I'm not a winter person, not that you can tell that at all by my commentary or frequent winter rants on this blog or anything... However, in following in my November Thankfulness Challenge, I am not going to complain about the cold or the snow (yet). I will first note my favorite things about winter. 
  1.  Basketball season. Duh!
  2.  A good warm cup of chia tea with coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I'm enjoying one right now as I type. 
  3. A good book, sunshine streaming in the windows, & a warm blanket on a snowy Sunday afternoon.
  4. Soup. Any and all kinds of soup. Yum! And on occasion a grilled cheese to go with it.  
  5. Sweater dresses, cute tights/leggings, and tall boots. Today's outfit in fact. 
  6. Quilt projects. I'm much more inclined to sew in the winter than any other time. Which reminds me, I need to fabric shop. 
  7. Winter makes me appreciate Spring, Summer, and Autumn months more. Aren't they splendid months?

What are your favorite things about winter? Let me hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!