Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Good Intentions & Tasty Tuesday



Here it is Tuesday already. I had every intention of writing throughout break, however, my intentions have not quite matched my will or my schedule. It's not as if I didn't have posts planned. I have 3 already written ready to post. All I have to do is log on and hit post. Meh. Oh well.  I'll use them later.

One thing about vacations is they always go too fast. Over one whole week is over and I have little to show for it. Having the holiday in the middle of the week kind of messes up plans a bit. Christmas was so wonderful to not have to go anywhere and watch movies all day long. Coach & I got sucked into House of Cards. Have you seen this show? If Washington functions even 1/10th of what is portrayed on that show I have lost all regard for all of them. Lobbyists, elected officials, all of them. We also watched Wolf of Wall Street. What a disturbing snapshot of how the other half lives. Thank you Hollywood for reminding me what's most important in life. 

I have to be honest; I've pretty much eaten what ever I want since Christmas Eve. Not to the point of being uncomfortable, but more than I typically eat. I've worked out fairly consistently. Not gonna lie, my pants are a little snug the last couple days with the bloat and blah feeling. The scale hasn't changed which is good. But it's time to get back on track and it's starting today. 

Today's Tasty Tuesday feature includes one of my favorite superfoods: Vanilla Shakeology. Haven't heard of Shakeology? It's a great balanced shake that can be used as a meal replacement,  pre or post workout, or as a healthy snack. It has an awesome amount of protein (it's not considered a high protein shake on it's own). Shakeology has all natural ingredients, very little sugar (no chemical sugars), and includes over 2 servings of fruit and vegetables per shake. That's without any other fruits or vegetables added to it. It is complete nutrition and a great way to make sure you get in those vegetables and fruits each day. 

I have to admit I wasn't sold on Shakeology until this past June when I ordered it for myself. Once I tried it I was hooked. Shakeology is what keeps me going in the morning. I eat breakfast at 6 and don't eat lunch until 12:30. I have my Shakeology around 9:30 and it keeps me full until lunch. On weekends I drink it for breakfast. On Tuesday's when I have class I pair it with some veggies and have it for super. Unlike so many other protein shakes I've tried, I don't feel bloated or gassy after drinking it. I can mix it with water. It's blends in a shaker bottle and doesn't stay clumpy. Yes, I do shake for a while before drinking. And best of all it tastes good. It's not chalky. It blends well with other ingredients. I also use it to make protein packed snacks like brownie bites and power bars. Did I mention it tastes great?

Vanilla is extra great because it blends so well with other flavors. My boys' favorite is Peach Cobbler. 1 scoop of vanilla Shakeology, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 1/2 cup water, handful of ice, and a dash of cinnamon (optional). Blend and serve. It's so good!

One of my favorites is the Morning Refresher. 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup cubed mango (fresh or frozen), 1/3 cup pineapple chunks, 1/2 medium banana (I like my bananas frozen). It's tangy and wakes up your tastebuds. 

Want to try Shakeology but not sure about committing to a whole bag? I have samples! You can try Shakeology for one week (7 sample packs) for just $30. Leave me a comment below or email me at coachingwife(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll get you hooked up with Superfood goodness. Interested in jumping in and trying a whole month's worth of Superfood goodness? You can still email or leave a comment, or click my link here or on the side bar to learn more about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!