Sunday, May 31, 2015

School's Out For Summer!



Summer vacation is here! Feels like it's been a long time coming, that's for sure. This is the first year in 6 years I've had the day off on my birthday. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of excited about that! For as much grief I gave Coach for taking his birthday off this past week, my personal philosophy is that no one should work on their birthday. I'm excited about not working on mine this year. Birthdays aren't really a big deal to me; we never celebrated really big when I was a kid. I've tried to make my kid's birthdays into a big deal, but it never seems to work out as I plan. My goal is to make them feel extra special. I may still owe J a birthday pie... Strawberries and rhubarb just aren't plentiful in the winter...

So there's the annual summer vacation To Do List. This list makes me hyperventilate a bit. You haven't seen my closets. I have a ton of work to do around here and at school. Plus finish my class and take a licensing exam. And plant my garden. As much as I want to take a break from school I'm going to have to spend some hours in my room cleaning, organizing and planning for next year. It is what it is. I'll take July off and spend on the beach & in the gym. It will be ok.  I'm just happy to have time to do things at my pace. I love drinking coffee on the porch with the dog, the outside sounds, and my thoughts. It's perfection. 

What special projects do you take on during vacation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!