Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Days Go By

Keith Urban captured it perfectly in his song Days Go By: "And days go by/ I can feel them flying/ like a hand out the window in the wind". July is half over and what do I have to show for it? Not much of anything. I have yet to really clean my house or paint the first door frame. There are still so many things to get done before I go back to work in a few weeks!

You know what I can say I'm proud of this summer? I've watched my boys play ball all summer long. I can now finally watch and play with them in our backyard. Finally! We've worked out together. We've enjoyed family outings unlike past summers. They explore, chore and play ball, not necessarily in that order. I'm here to help do chores or run them around to various activities. Sometimes we simply sit and play cards, listen to music or watch The Office on Netflix. I love the noise, the giggles, the bouncing basketballs, even the driving lessons (eek). All of it.

They will be off to college and adult lives all too soon. I choose to cherish this time with them while I have it. I know it will be gone in the blink of an eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!