Monday, August 24, 2015

Finding Peace

There are so many things going on around here some days I don't know if I'm pitching or catching. Despite my Type A, always have a plan and a schedule self, I feel so lost some times. I really look forward to my weekends and time for myself.

This weekend was our first XC meet and it went pretty well. Then we went to soccer, and home to mow yards. There are so many places to mow that it takes a few hours to get it all done with two of us mowing. Several acres of grass is no joke. Best part is that we spent the whole day outside.

Rain was in the forecast for Sunday. We went to breakfast with my parents at one of our favorite little spots and raced to get kids picked up and ready for the lake as soon as we could. I could not have asked for a more perfect day! We had the whole place to ourselves almost the entire time we were there. The sun was out in full force for the 3 hours we were there. The boys played football, the girls sat and laughed at their antics. I sat there watching, thanking the Lord above for this little blessing, this spot on the beach at this moment, watching these kids play. The clouds rolled in around 2 and we headed home just in time for the rain to begin.



If only every weekend could be as picture perfect and relaxing. My goal and prayer is that I can learn to channel that same peace and thanksgiving when I am feeling stressed. And of course to have a house on a lake or a coast some day. A girl can dream, right?


What brings you peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!