Monday, August 10, 2015

Sometimes You Just Need A Nap

How true is this? 

I work pretty hard to stay healthy through my food choices, my workouts, surrounding myself with positivity & taking a little time for me each day. Changes in routine so easily upset the balance I strive to achieve each day. No joke- the last 2 Sunday's I spent sleeping. Utter exhaustion had taken over. It's been a constant buzz- on the road, arranging 3 meals a day for 5 days, grabbing my healthy stuff where I could (I keep quest bars & Shakeology  in my bag for these situations) but, alas, the chicken mini's seem to win out some days. And I'm not about to pass up chicken & waffles when dining at Gladys Knight & Ron's! Gotta live it up once in a while. Plus I was getting 25K steps each day running around the gyms and hospitality room. Movement is not an issue when working a basketball tournament. Sleep, however, is not as easy, hence the Sunday sleepfest. 

We came home and jumped right back into school. Things have changed so much this year. For as well as the school year ended last year, I have not felt as confident about the start of this year. It's finally all coming together, but I admit I have A LOT of work yet to do before it's up and rolling smoothly. It takes time to get to know the kids, their abilities, and how everyone works with one another. 

Needless to say, my boring daily routine has been completely upended, spun around and strewn about like a toddler in a toy room right after mom cleaned up. Ya'll know what I mean, right? My brain must be resisting the thought of school year and the end of summer. I'm not ready to give up days on the beach, sweaty work outside, and enjoying my morning coffee with the sunrise. Then I look at my class, their excitement to be back with me and I know I have to get back at it. Back to the good foods, the purposeful movement, the type A crazy planning I can't help but stress over. They're so worth it. 

Today is (was) a new day. Gone are the negative thoughts. No excuses. My Dirty 30 workout is done, food is prepped for tomorrow, I feel good. Now I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!