Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome to Crazy Town

All aboard!

In attempt to encourage my youngest son to be more active, get in shape for basketball season and explore interests, Coach and I decided to let him run cross country (for which I'm also an assistant coach), play soccer and play tennis. Wait, what? 3 sports. Yes, you read that correctly. So tonight we had xc practice, then to soccer practice, then back to the high school for tennis practice, followed by a trip to the grocery and pulled into the garage around 8. How this is all going to work, I do not yet know.

I do know I will have an added time to get my school work finished and workouts done before I go home Monday through Thursday nights. Tonight I ran with the team, putting in some hill work and a good 2+ miles with kids who are just finding their legs and stamina. The temps are insane right now. Highs in the upper 80's but feels like 95 with the heat index and humidity. The kids will adapt. By the last meet it will be cool and more comfortable for a lot of them. I'll keep running in the heat, because I'm crazy.

But you know what? It's worth it to me to know that my kids are active, healthy, and exploring new interests. Next year he'll likely choose one, maybe two of these things and life will be a little less crazy. The time is flying by and I can't sit back and let the boys sit idle, passively watching opportunities pass them by. As their mother I want them to take risks and try new things, even at the expense of having an hour to myself at home. We flex and adapt to what is going on just like during basketball season. The hardest part is figuring out the new routine. We'll get there. Eventually.

What's the craziest decision you gave in to with your kids' activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!