Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"Un"Comfort Zone



The dreaded comfort zone. Have you ever noticed it's really not very comfortable? Does it intrigue you that you are more willing to live more out loud in some areas of life than in others? Why is it we are willing to stay put in one place but not others?

Staying in the same place causes stagnation, boredom and keeps us from learning and growing. Yet we are willing to stay put for the sake of what's easy. For me it's about fear. Coming to terms with my feelings regarding a situation, taking ownership of my feelings & responsibilities, and realizing I cannot continue to behave this way in certain areas of my life has removed a huge weight from my shoulders. Though the outcome may very well be unpleasant, I know I am not responsible for anything more than my own actions and reactions to situations. Taking a step back and taking a day away to reflect on the current state of my life allowed me to see some things in a different light.

This moment of reflection and refocusing also allowed me to see how important it is for me to follow through with my passions. I'm working hard to refocus, reprioritize, and rejuvenate my passion for health, fitness and writing. There are some BIG things in the works, my friends! For the first time in quite a while I am excited to be doing what I'm doing! It's a good feeling. It feels like I'm on the road home after a long trip away. I took the first step in my plan to make this into something great, like what I have envisioned since I started my fitness journey with Beachbody just over a year ago. Be on the lookout in the coming weeks for my BIG announcement.

In the meantime, how do you refocus your efforts to reach your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!